Nominate a Person or Business for a 2017 Recognition Award
2017 Awards Category Listings:
Citizen ‘Of the Year’- Non Profit/Volunteer:
Awarded to an individual or non-profit organization (adult or youth) for their remarkable and significant community contribution, in a non paid position. By way of action, this group or individual has had a positive impact in our valley, makes our community a better place to live in the year 2017.
Employee of the Year:
Presented to an employee within a business who demonstrate a consistent commitment to providing Customer Service Excellence that truly “Wows” the customer by encouraging and inspiring the community to shop locally. *Extra points are automatically awarded to employees of a business which is a Chamber Member during the Year. (The Chamber will contact the employer)
Rookie Business of the Year:
Awarded to a business (large, small or home-based) for outstanding effort and commitment in their first 18 months of business. This award is intended to highlight and encourage awareness of new businesses establishing in our community.
Business of the Year:
Recognizing overall business excellence and achievement. Business owner (and staff) consistently demonstrate a commitment to excellence and have demonstrated strong business growth and development practices that are a role model for other businesses.
One business from each of these categories will be selected to receive the Business of the Year Award for that category. To qualify for nomination, a business must show excellence in at least one of the following areas:
- Tourism Business Excellence: Accommodation includes Motels, Hotels, Bed and Breakfasts
- Tourism Business Excellence: Restaurants and food service providers
- Tourism Business Excellence: Service Providers –Guides, Outfitters, Adventure Tourism
- Business Excellence: Retail: All retail stores
- Business Excellence: Service: to include repair shops, hair dressers and service providers in any other service related business including forestry related businesses.
Entry submission is now closed. The winners will be announced during the Of the Year banquet at the Clearwater Legion on Friday evening, March 23, 2018.